Pre-Kindergarten Program – 4 to 5 years
Prepared, ready. Equipped with early life skills.
The Pre-K year at Bright&Early will set the stage for a positive Kindergarten experience for your child. Bright&Early graduates enter Kindergarten ready to continue their education, enthusiastic to learn, and equipped with social skills for a healthy, happy transition into the school age environment
Bright&Early teachers encourage children to express themselves and communicate their passions through reading, writing, artwork, and conversation in a group setting.
Teachers create an environment and curriculum that encourages the mastery of social and academic skills, such as asking questions, sharing, taking turns, following directions, and taking responsibility for actions. With these advanced social and academic activities, teachers encourage children to awaken their sense of self-motivation and learning potential.
Our Pre-K classrooms have varied classroom learning centers where children choose to play in the area that best suits their learning style.
Pre-Kindergarteners may choose from the following classroom learning centers:
- Circle Time Area – for daily gatherings
- Block and Floor Area – for block building, floor puzzles, etc.
- Literacy Center – a quiet area to curl up in with a favorite book
- Writing Center – to practice beginning writing skills
- Listening Center – a place to sit and listen to audio books
- Manipulatives Center – shelves with baskets of curriculum toys for fine motor development
- Art Center – self-help art cart to express their own style of creativity
- Sensory Table Center – sand and water table for science experiments
- Science Center – displays class science experiments and nature samples
- Family Life Center – to emulate the home environment
- Dramatic Play Center – for dress-up and play acting
- Music & Movement Center – musical instruments and movement items such as parachutes, bean bags, etc.